Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » 3-Bean Dhal
- 1/4 cup adzuki beans, soaked in water overnight
- 1/4 cup green mung beans, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 200g tin coconut milk
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- spices: 1 teaspoon each of cumin, coriander, black pepper, paprika, black mustard seeds, green chili powder and any others for taste
- In a large saucepan place pre-soaked and rinsed beans. Add water to cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain water and remove beans.
- In the saucepan add 1 tablespoon oil and saute onion, garlic, spices and carrot for 2 minutes.
- Add beans. Add coconut milk.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then serve with brown rice.
- Serves 4 people a yummy winter 3-bean dhal.