Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Cakes » Apple Muffins
- 2 medium granny smith apples, chopped into small pieces
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons nutellex margarine
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- ~1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a large mixing bowl place flours, bicarb, spices and sugar.
- Add soy milk, margarine and vanilla. Mix well, adding water, until batter is smooth and thick.
- Add vinegar and chopped apples and fold in quickly.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture into muffin cases or straight into greased muffin tins.
- Cook in a 180 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden on top and cooked all the way through.
Hint: a muffin is cooked if tapping the bottom gives a hollow sound.