Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sweets » Apple Tartlets
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon Nuttelex
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ginger
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Beat the Nuttelex with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add flour and knead until combined. Roll into a ball and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Cut apples into small pieces (or grate and squeeze out the excess juice).
- Mix the remaining flour, sugar, spices, oats and oil in a small bowl to make a crumble topping.
- Roll out pastry to 5mm thickness and cut small circles to fit a tart-baking tray.
- Press pastry circles into tray, fill with apple pieces and top with crumble.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 190 degrees or until golden. Makes ~ 24 tarts.