Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sides » Bhaji
- 4 large brown onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- water to mix
- deep-fry oil
- chili sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, place besan, herbs and spices.
- Add water, slowly at a time, until a thick batter is achieved.
- Chop onions in half, and then cut thin half-circles.
- Mix the onions into the batter.
- Heat the oil in the deep-fryer. Fry tablespoon amounts of onion batter in the oil for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with chili sauce. Makes enough for 4 entrees.