Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Carrot and Lentil Curry
Index » Mains » Carrot and Lentil Curry
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/3 cup dried red lentils
- 1 can (400g) of chickpeas
- 1 large onion
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brinjal relish
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 4 cups boiling water
- Cut up the vegetables into chunky pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion, garlic, spices and relish and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables, lentils, stock and enough boiling water to just cover the vegetables (3-4 cups).
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add drained chickpeas and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice and pappadums. (Serves 3-4).