Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Cashew Nut Loaf
Index » Mains » Cashew Nut Loaf
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons soya flour
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 large red capsicum
- 2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs
- pepper to taste
- Saute the chopped garlic and onion in the oil until onion is transluscent.
- Add chopped mushrooms and saute until brown.
- In a large bowl add the flours, oats, and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add the soy sauce and water and mix.
- Add the chopped capsicum, cashews and seasoning and mix well until all combined.
- Place in 2 floured loaf tins and bake in a 160 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Then, turn loaf tins on their side and bake for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve warm or cold slices with parsley and tomato sauce.