Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sides » Chickpea Salad
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small salad onion (red onion)
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- handful of parsley
- Place dried chickpeas in a bowl. Cover with water and leave to soak overnight.
- Drain chickpeas. Place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Simmer over medium heat for 1 hour. Drain water.
- Chop garlic capsicum, tomato, onion and parsley into small pieces.
- In a salad bowl, toss chickpeas, garlic, capsicum, tomato, onion and parsley with the juice of one lemon and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Serve immediately to feed 2 people as a light lunch or side to a vegan-BBQ.