Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Cookies of Date
Index » Biscuits » Cookies of Date
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup organic raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain organic flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- Beat oil, sugar and vanilla together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add flour and bicarb and mix until well combined.
- Stir through chopped dates.
- Add soymilk and stir well to combine. Mixture should be a soft but not too sticky dough consistency.
- Shape teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on a greased oven tray. Press down slightly.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for 12 minutes. Makes 15 cookies if you don't eat any mixture before baking.
Hint: you can also replace the chopped dates with chopped dried apricot, vegan choc-chips or chopped nuts of your choice. Yum!