Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
CousCous & Curry
Index » Mains » CousCous & Curry
- 1 cup cous cous
- 1 cup boiling water with 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- assorted chopped vegetables
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (or cumin, coriander, black pepper, and other favourite spices)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Add stock and water to of cous cous. Cover for 2 minutes, then stir with a fork to separate the grains.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and spices in a little olive oil for 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and red lentils and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the cous cous onto a plate. Make a ring of cous cous and heap curry into the centre. Enjoy.