Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Date and Apricot Slice
Index » Sweets » Date and Apricot Slice
- 250g dates, chopped
- 250g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place dates and apricots in a medium saucepan with water and boil for 4 minutes.
- Stir in coconut.
- In a bowl, mix pastry ingredients with enough water to bind. Mixture should be slightly crumbly.
- Into a greased square tin, press half the pastry. Add the filling then press in the remaining pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. hmm...slicerific.