Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Easy sweet pastry
Index » Sweets » Easy sweet pastry
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons nuttelex margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water with ice cubes in it (iced water)
- Place flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add margarine and chop it into the flour mixture (using a knife or hands) until it is mixed in and there are small lumps of pastry.
- Add iced water one tablespoon at a time and mix in with a spoon. Add until the pastry is starting to form, and then use your hands to bring the dough together.
- The dough should not be sticky, but elastic and forming little clumps. Using your hands, knead lightly into a ball.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest before rolling out on a floured surface. The dough will take up flour but not be sticky. The dough is very elastic and will spring back, but try not to roll out too many times.