Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Fishy Tofus
- 250g organic firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- oil, for shallow frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the corn flour and water.
- In a shallow large plate, mix flour and stock, salt and pepper.
- Cut tofu into thin squares, about 4cm by 3cm by 1cm.
- Dip tofu into corn flour mixture, then into wholemeal flour mixture.
- Stack on a plate and refrigerate crumbed tofu for 30 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 once more.
- Heat a little oil in a frypan. Fry crumbed tofu , turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with rice (here a mix of white, wild, brown and freekeh) and stir-fry vegetables.