Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Flour Tortilla
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Nuttelex margarine
- about 3/4 cup warm water
- Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop margarine into the flour mix.
- Slowly add warm water until a firm and not-sticky dough is achieved. Roll into a ball and knead gently.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each ball onto a floured surface. Roll out into a circular shape to a very thin tortilla thickness. Dust with a little flour on each side before stacking and rolling out the next one.
- Cook in a hot pan with a little oil for about 1 minute on each side or until brown speckles appear and the tortilla bubbles.
- Serve like so.