Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sweets » Fruit Crumble
- Stewed or tinned fruit (e.g. apples, peaches, berries)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup raw or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon each of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or melted margarine
- reserved liquid from cooking fruit or from tinned fruit
- Chop the choosen cooked fruit into pieces and layer them on the bottom of an oven-proof pie dish/bowl.
- In a mixing bowl place flour, oats, sugar and spices.
- Add the oil/margarine and stir through. Add a little of the reserved liquid to make a crumble.
- Pour the crumble topping over the fruit and bake in a 180 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with vegan icecream or tofu cream.