Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Ginger Oat Slice
Index » Sweets » Ginger Oat Slice
- 150g margarine
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt margarine, golden syrup and brown sugar in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut, oats, flour, baking powder and spices. Mix well until combined.
- Press into a loaf tin that has been greased or lined with grease proof paper. Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Mark into squares while still warm.