Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Birthdays » Gingerbread Bouquet
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Nuttelex margarine
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Nuttelex margarine
- hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon beetroot juice
- paddlepop sticks
- container e.g. coffee cup
- tissue paper
- To make the gingerbread dough, place flour, bicarb and spices in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, warm margarine, sugar and golden syrup until melted and easy to pour.
- Take saucepan off heat and pour melted mixture into flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon, mix into a dough. Add a little bit of water if needed to stick dough together.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until 5mm thick. Cut out shapes (hearts and stars).
- Place a paddlepop stick in between two biscuits and press together the edges to stick them together.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- When cool, ice biscuits with the icing. To make the icing, place icing sugar in a bowl. Add vanilla and margarine. Pour in 1 tablespoon hot water and mix well. Slowly add hot water until a smooth paste is made. Add beetroot juice to colour (2 teaspoons for dark pink, 1 for light pink, none for white icing).
- When set, arrange the biscuits and tissue paper in the container (using foam or similar to secure the sticks.)