Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Give me Iron Curry
Index » Mains » Give me Iron Curry
3 cups brown rice
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon each of coriander, cumin, garam masala,
- curry paste, turmeric, black pepper and any other
- curry-type spice you want to throw in
- Cook brown rice with water in a rice cooker.
- In a medium saucepan, cook chopped onion, garlic, oil and spices for 2 minutes.
- Add tin tomatoes and the same quantity of water.
- Add chopped carrot and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Meanwhile, in a smaller saucepan, boil water and add red lentils. Cook lentils for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain off excess water.
- Add lentils to the tomato mix. Add spinach and stir through. Heat slowly for 1 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice and enjoy the dietary boost to your iron levels. Endows 3 people with extra iron and curry.