Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Grilled polenta with sauteed mushrooms
Index » Mains » Grilled polenta with sauteed mushrooms
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon Nuttelex
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- 400g button mushrooms
- 1 brown onion
- 3 gloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- finely sliced other vegetables e.g. sweet potato, zucchini, broccoli
- Cook polenta in a microwave safe bowl with the hot water for 10 minutes. Stir through margarine, yeast and salt and pepper.
- Grease a square cake tin and pour polenta into tin. Smooth the surface and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and garlic in a fry pan with some olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock, soy sauce and other vegetables and cook a further 10 minutes. Stir through the parsley.
- Put the polenta under the grill to warm up and become golden in colour. Turn onto a chopping board and cut into triangles or rectangles.
- To serve, arrange polenta pieces, top with the mushrooms, spoon over some extra nutitional yeast mixed with water and garnish with parsley. Serves 2.