Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sides » Gyoza
- 1/2 cup soy mince (rehydrated in 1/2 cup hot water)
1/2 cup cabbage, shredded and boiled in the pan
150g mushrooms, diced
1 tablespoon each diced garlic and ginger
5 spring onions, diced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons vegan dashi sauce
2 tablespoons plain flour
- gyoza wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
- water for steaming
- Mix all of the ingredients for the filling in a large pyrex bowl. Allow to cool.
- Place about a teaspoon of the filling in the centre of a wrapper.
- Wet the edge of the wrapper with water.
- Fold the wrapper in half and pleat the edges so that the bottom of the gyoza is flat and the top is rounded.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a saucepan. Cook the gyoza
(flat-bottom down) for one minute. Then add 1/2 cup water. Put the lid
on, turn the heat down and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove lid, turn up
heat and cook for 1-2 minutes to evaporate the water and crisp up the
- Serve with dipping sauce (2 T soy sauce, 1 T rice vinegar, 2 drops tabasco).