Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sides » Hummus
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight. Drain and simmer over the medium heat in fresh water for 1 hour or until soft. Drain.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, crushed garlic, oil, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Add water slowly to make a smooth paste.
- Season with parsley or cumin or paprika.
- Serve with pitta, pide, carrot sticks or other dipping things. Store in the fridge if not using immediately. Marvel at the majesty of the chickpea=garbanzo=hummus.