Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Kung Pao
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 brown onion, chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups white basmati rice
- Cook the rice in water using a rice cooker.
- Mix up the sauce: place in a cup the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic and chilli.
- In a separate cup mix the cornstarch and water until well mixed. Then add the cornstarch to the rest of the sauce.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a slightly oiled hot wok for 20 seconds. Remove.
- Add some olive oil to the wok. Stir fry the onion for 2 minutes.
- Then add the vegetables and stir fry for another 5 minutes or until almost soft.
- Add the sauce to the wok and warm through.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with the sesame seeds.
1 packet of frozen then defrosted firm tofu may be chopped into cubes and stirfried in oil to add a "meaty" texture to the dish.