Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Cakes » Lemon cheesecake
- 9 digestive biscuits (200g)
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/4 cup nutellex
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons agar agar powder
- 200g firm tofu
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place biscuits in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush them finely into crumbs.
- Melt margarine and add to crumbs and raw sugar. Mix well and press into the base of a round tin.
- Place water, lemon juice and agar agar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes so that the agar agar dissolves.
- Add agar mixture, tofu, soy milk, sugar and vanilla to a food processor and blend for 5 minutes or until very smooth.
- Pour smooth mixture onto the base in the pan and chill for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the filling to set.