Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Lentil and Flax Rissoles
Index » Mains » Lentil and Flax Rissoles
- 3/4 cup dry red lentils
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 cup boiling water with 1 teaspoon stock
- 2 teaspoons italian herbs, curry powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup wholemeal bread crumbs
- handful of wholemeal flour
- vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, place the lentils, flax seeds and stock/water. Boil for around 10 minutes or until lentils are soft and mushy.
- Stir in spices, breadcrumbs and oats.
- Take tablespoons-full of mixture and press into a rissole shape. Coat with wholemeal flour.
- Put in the fridge for 1/2 hour to firm up, and do some reading while you wait.
- Heat some oil in a frypan. Put rissoles in and cook on both sides. Eat with tomato&tahini sauce and roast vegetables.