Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Marinated Tofu with Bok Choy
Index » Mains » Marinated Tofu with Bok Choy
- 375g block organic firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons non-wheat soy sauce
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (or vegetable)
- 2 bok choy
- 1 medium zucchini
- Mix together the soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, ginger, coriander and parsley in a non-metallic tray (I used a pyrex dish).
- Cut the tofu block lengthways to make thin rectangular "steaks". Place in the marinade-dish. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, turning once (best if it's left overnight).
- Heat oil in a frypan. Cut zucchini in half, then lengthwise to make thin rectangles. Place marinated tofu "steaks" and cut zucchini in pan and fry on both sides until golden. Pour in the rest of the marinade to create a sauce.
- Meanwhile, break the bok choy into individual leaves and rinse well. When tofu is browned on both sides, add the bok choy, turn off heat and place a plate over the pan to steam the vegetables.
- Serves 4, and infuses the whole home with yummy marinade aromas.