Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Mini Curry Pies
Index » Sides » Mini Curry Pies
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegie gravy powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 carrot, zucchini and corn (1 cob)
- 1 loaf wholemeal bread OR packet vegan puff pastry
- In a fry pan, heat the oil. Add onion and cook for 1 min.
- Add curry powder, gravy powder, tomato paste and water.
- Add chopped vegetables and cook for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Meanwhile, cook red lentils in a large saucepan with 3 cups boiling water. Boil, stirring, for 10 minutes or until red lentils are soft.
- Add lentils to the vegetable mix and give a good stir.
- To make small pies, line muffin tins with bread that has been rolled out thin and cut into a large circle. Fill with curry mixture and bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes about 20.
- To make a large pie, line an oven-proof dish with puff pastry. Pour in curry mixture and top with triangles of puff pastry spread over. Serves 3.