Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Morrocan chickpea stew
Index » Mains » Morrocan chickpea stew
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small brown onion
- 1/3 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin, garam masala, coriander, vegie stock
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a medium sized saucepan, add oil, onion, spices and stock. Saute until fragrant.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well while heating for about 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and sweet potato and enough water to almost cover them. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked and tomatoes have broken down into a rich sauce.
- Add sugar to sweeten and stir well. Serve with rice. Instead of sugar, you could add 1 tablespoon of dried fruit e.g. sultanas to sweeten the stew.