Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Mulligatawny Soup ("Pepper Water")
Index » Soups » Mulligatawny Soup ("Pepper Water")
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup dried red lentils
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Saute the oil, celery, carrot and onion.
- Stir in the curry powder (and any other spices you wish to add like coriander, cumin, turmeric)
- Add stock and lentils and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice (about 1/2 cup uncooked rice to make 1 cup cooked).
- Add the rice to the soup mix. Add coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with wholegrain toasted bread. This delicious pepper water serves 4.