Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Mushroom Stroganoff
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped roughly
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 450g mushrooms (button or swiss or other)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 cups soy milk
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon savory yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup red "wine" (try Maison Lambrusca)
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- buckwheat (gluten free) udon or soba noodles for 3
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in the oil.
- Add mushroom and broccoli and cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- In a measuring jug, stir the cornstarch, stock, savory yeast flakes and tamari into the soy milk. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add soy milk mixture with the red "wine" and pour over the mushrooms in the pan. Cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta of choice in boiling water until cooked.
- To serve, place stroganoff over noodles and garnish with parsley.
Variation: for a lighter creamy sauce, omit the tamari and "wine" and add sundried tomatoes and roasted red capsicum with the broccoli.