Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
No Shepherds Pie
Index » Mains » No Shepherds Pie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 medium potatoes
- salt, pepper, cumin
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon savory yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- chopped vegetables (e.g. carrot, parsnip, zucchini)
- 6 leaves spinach
- 1/2 cup TVP
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon each basil, oregano, pepper and chili flakes
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lightly oil a square baking pan and line with puff pastry.
- In a large frypan, heat oil and cook onion sunflower seeds and garlic.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes and TVP and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and herbs and mix well.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan place cubed potatoes and cover with boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes or until soft. Drain water and mash potatoes with milk and spices.
- Place all tomato mixture on top of the pastry in the dish. Cover with mash potato and sprinkle with savory yeast and sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for 25 minutes. No shepherds in this pie!