Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Organic Cantaloupe Granita
Index » Sweets » Organic Cantaloupe Granita
- 1/2 medium organic cantaloupe (rockmelon)
- 1/2 cup organic raw sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- organic mint sprigs to serve
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water to create a sugar syrup. Pour into a container and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut the rockmelon into pieces and puree to a sludge in a food processor.
- Mix the rockmelon slush and syrup together well, and pour into a shallow tin that fits in your freezer. Freeze uncovered for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, break up the icey and stir until kind-of fluffy. Freeze in a sealed container for another 2 hours.
- Eat within the week, serving with fresh mint sprigs on hot summer days.