Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Biscuits » Pax Biscuits
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups desicated coconut
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 250g Nuttlex margarine, melted
(or 100g margarine and 1/2 cup vegetable oil)
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Measure out the oats, flour, coconut and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the melted margarine with the golden syrup.
- Add the bicarb to the hot water in a small bowl and mix well. Pour into the big mixing bowl.
- Stir all ingredients together until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Roll tablespoon-full amounts of dough into balls and place on a greased oven tray. Flatten down with a fork.
- Bake for 20 mins at 160 degrees. Makes about 35 biscuits of peace (not war).