Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sweets » Peach Hearts
- 2 fresh peaches
- 1 cup juice (pineapple, orange, apple)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup couscous
- Cut the peaches into small pieces. In a small saucepan stew the peaches in the juice over a low heat until soft.
- Add sugar and stir. Remove from heat.
- Add couscous to the saucepan and stir. Cover for 5 minutes to allow water to be absorbed.
- Stir through golden syrup for extra sweetness.
- Line a baking tray with edible rice paper. Place a heart-shaped cookie cutter on the paper and fill with peach couscous mixture. Press down firmly then remove the cutter, leaving a heart-shaped dessert. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until the outside is crisp and lightly browned. (makes about 6 hearts).