Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sweets » Pecan Slice
- 150g margarine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Melt margarine, maple syrup and brown sugar in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour and baking powder and mix to combine.
- Mix in pecans.
- Press into a square pan greased or lined with grease proof paper.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Mark into squares while warm.
- Mix up icing ingredients, ice slice when cold and top each square with half a pecan.