Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Polenta and Veg Stacks
Index » Mains » Polenta and Veg Stacks
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock (or assorted herbs)
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato puree, warmed
- 2 roasting potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 figs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan add boiling water and herbs/stock.
- Slowly pour in the polenta, stirring. Once all polenta is added, cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir through chilli sauce.
- Pour polenta into a square tin and press down firmly. Toast under the grill until slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, chop vegetables into bite sized pieces and roast in a well oiled pan for 1 hour.
- Tap polenta out of the tin and cut into squares.
- On a plate place a polenta square and pour over some warm tomato puree. Top with roast vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and feast on corny goodness. (serves 2 mains)