Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Pumpkin and Cashew Stirfry
Index » Mains » Pumpkin and Cashew Stirfry
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g pumpkin, cubed
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown or raw sugar
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok or frypan. Add cashews and stirfry until golden. Remove.
- Heat a little more oil and stirfry onion, garlic and spices for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin and stirfry for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add broccoli, orange juice and sugar. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 of the cashews and stir well. Top with the remaining cashews to serve.
- Eat with rice (serves 4).