Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sweets » Pumpkin Pies
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons nutellex
- 7 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ~400g japanese pumpkin, cubed
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger
- 200g firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- slivered almonds
- To make the pastry, rub the margarine into the flour, sugar and spices. Add cold water slowly to make a dough that is not sticky to touch. Put in the fridge of half an hour.
- To make the pumpkin pie filling, boil the pumpkin for about 10 minutes in the microwave or until tender. Puree with a blender then stir in the spices and sugar.
- To make the chocolate tofu cream, blend the tofu, sugar, oil, cocoa and spices together until smooth.
- Roll out the pastry to about 5mm thickness. Cut circles and place in greased cupcake pans. Fill with pumpkin filling and bake for about 20 minutes in a 180 degree oven.
- When cool, add a teaspoon of chocolate tofu cream to the top and garnish with a slivered almond. You are so awesome. Makes 24.