Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Satay Pumpkin Soup
Index » Soups » Satay Pumpkin Soup
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder of choice
- 500g Japanese pumpkin, cubed
- 1 large white potato, washed and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 Massel stock cube
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- tahini and parlsey to garnish
- In a large saucepan, place onion, garlic, spices and oil. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add cubed pumpkin, potato and zucchini. Stir until covered with the spices.
- Add enough boiling water to just cover the vegetables. Add the stock cube.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add peanut butter and and soy milk and stir to combine. Take off heat.
- Allow to cool for a little while, then puree using a hand blender.
- Warm again over the stove.
- Serve in bowls with swirls of tahini and fresh chopped parsley to garnish. Use a toothpick to make 'webs' from tahini swirls. Enjoy your spicy satay pumpkin soup with friends, and take leftovers for lunch.