Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Sweets » Scones
- 2 cups plain flour
- pinch salt
- 30g margarine
- 3/4 cup liquid: half soy milk, half water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients. Mix together and once almost together, tip out onto bench and knead for 1 minutes.
- Roll out to about 2 cm thickness and cut out scones using round scone cutters.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven about 10 minutes.
- Serve with jam and vegan soy cream. Other options include adding sultanas or other dried fruit to the batter before cooking, or adding herbs and using orange juice instead of water for a savory scone.