Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Shawrbat 'Adas bi Thoom wa Kammoon (Palestinian Soup)
Index » Soups » Shawrbat 'Adas bi Thoom wa Kammoon (Palestinian Soup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tin tomato
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups water
- Saute the oil, garlic, chilli and onion in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (and add enough water to cover all vegetables).
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with a traditional Palestinian salad, fattoush.