Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Soy Meatballs
- 1 cup TVP (soy mince)
- 1 teaspoon vegie stock
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon each of black pepper, basil, oregano, salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (panko)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- cornflour for rolling
- oil for frying
- In a large non-metallic bowl add the TVP, stock, water, sauces, onion, garlic and spices.
- Stir to mix and allow to cool until it is room temperature.
- When cool, add the breadcrumbs and flour and stir.
- Roll tablespoon-full amounts of soy mince into balls and coat with cornflour.
- Fry in a pan with a small amount of vegetable oil. Once cooked all over, place in an oven to stay warm.
- Meanwhile, cook some pasta and make a rich tomato sauce to pour over the top.
- Makes about 16 soy meatballs.