Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Spelt Mediterranean Pizza
Index » Mains » Spelt Mediterranean Pizza
- 2 cups spelt wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato concentrate/puree/chunks
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 green capsicum, chopped into squares
- 1/2 cup pineapple pieces
- 8 plump, pitted whole olives
- 75g semi-sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian herbs (basil, thyme, oregano)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the spelt flour in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the oil. Add the water a little bit at a time until a soft dough is formed.
- Knead the dough with your hands, adding more flour as needed, for 2 minutes.
- Beat and stretch out the dough with your hands/fist into a flat pizza base to fit a greased and floured baking tray.
- Spread the tomato puree/concentrate onto the base. Spread evenly on top the garlic and onion followed by the capsicum, pineapple, whole olives and sun dried tomatoes. Finally, sprinkle the chilli and herbs on top.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes and rejoice in the best that fresh, organic, whole and healthy food can provide! (makes one pizza about 35cmx12cm)