Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Spring Risotto
1 cup aborio rice
- 3-4 cups stock, boiling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 green squash, diced
- cashew nuts and salad to garnish
- In a medium sized saucepan heat the oil. Cook the onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and heat for 1 minute, stirring, until rice is coated in oil.
- Add the hot stock and little bit at a time, stirring, until all water is absorbed by the rice (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, lightly steam vegetables (carrot, zucchini and squash OR any other combination of vegetables you like e.g. sweet potato, pumpkin, corn...)
- Stir vegetables through rice and serve with a spinach, olive, sprouts, avocado and lemon juice salad and warm crusty bread. Ahh! (serves 2)