Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Stuffed Aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin, garam masala and coriander
- 3/4 cup short grain rice
- 2 tablespoons wild rice
- 1/2 cup diced vegetables (sweet potato, carrot, zucchini)
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1 medium sized aubergine (eggplant/eggfruit)
- salt and extra olive oil
- fresh chives or parsley
- Chopped nuts (almonds, cashew, etc) to garnish
- Cut the aubergine in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1 cm border around the outside.
- Dice and add to the other diced vegetables.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil. Add onion, garlic and spice and cook for 1 minute. Add rice and wild rice and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add diced vegetables (including the aubergine) and simmer for a further 5 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- When cooked, stir through freshly chopped chives or parsley.
- Meanwhile, brush a liberal amount of olive oil on the aubergine halves, sprinkle with salt and grill (or BBQ) until soft and golden.
- Place half an aubergine on a plate and stuff with the rice mixture. Sprinkle crushed nuts on top and serve deliciously. (Serves 2).