Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Tarte Aux Pommes
Index » Sweets » Tarte Aux Pommes
- 2 sheets vegan puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine (Nuttelex)
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 500 ml soy milk
- cinnamon sugar
- slivered almonds
- Into a round baking dish, place one sheet of puff pastry. Brush with olive oil. Add a second layer of puff pastry and brush the top with olive oil.
- In a fry pan, add chopped apples, margarine and 1/4 cup sugar. Melt the margarine and saute the apples for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave proof bowl, add custard powder, sugar, vanilla and milk and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes on medium high (or see cooking instructions on back of custard packet).
- Pour the sauted apples onto the pastry in the baking dish. Pour thick custard on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and almonds.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for 30 minutes. Enjoy with soy-based ice-dessert and pretend to be french. Bon Appétit!