Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Tofu and Sweet Potato stacks
Index » Christmas » Tofu and Sweet Potato stacks
- sweet potato
- red capsicum
- firm tofu, marinated (pre-bought, or rest in garlic, ginger, soy sauce and chilli sauce)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion,other peeled and finely chopped
- 300g mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp yeast extract dissolved in a little hot water
- 40g walnuts very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh wholewheat breadcrumbs
- black pepper
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into 1cm rounds, tidying up the edges with a round cookie cutter. Microwave or steam until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Cut eggplant into 1 cm rounds and tidy up edges to be roughly the same size as the sweet potato. Cook in a fry pan until soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Fry thick strips of red capsicum in the frypan until slightly charred.
- Cut the marinated tofu into 1 cm slices and make into a circle with cookie cutter. Cook in the frypan until golden.
- To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a fry pan and saute the onion until soft. Chopped mushrooms and add to the onions with yeast extract and oregano. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped walnuts and breadcrumbs, season and stir.
- To serve, place some rocket or other green on the plate. Place a round of sweet potato, eggplant and tofu on top. Use a cookie cutter ring to hold everything in place. Top with 2 tablespoons of stuffing. Place another round of each tofu, eggplant and sweet potato on top and garnish with curled red capsicum. Pour gravy around the edge.
- Serve with alfafa and cucumber on the plate and hassleback potatoes, carrots and greens on the side.