Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Mains » Vegan Okonomiyaki
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vegie stock powder
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup water (or more)
- 1/4 savoy or red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/4 carrot, diced finely
- vegan mayonnaise and tonkatsu sauce
- Mix up batter by putting the flour, baking powder, stock, soy sauce and miso
in a large mixing bowl. Add water until a pancake-like batter
consistency has been reached.
- Add the vegetable fillings (cabbage, brown onion, garlic and carrot, but you could use any vegetables) and mix through the batter.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and spoon batter into the pan.
Cook on both sides until slightly golden (about 2 minutes both sides).
- Serve with tonkatsu sauce or tomato sauce and mayo with chopped spring onions sprinkled on top and cucumber on the side.
- This recipe makes enough for 4 savory pancakes. Double the recipe and use 1/2 small cabbage to feed 4 people dinner.