Benno & Lara's
"Nothing will benefit human health and
increase chances for survival of life on Earth
as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Index » Christmas » Zucchini Candles
- 1 large zucchini
- 100g firm tofu
- pitted olives
- 3 sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped + extra for 'wicks'
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons chives, chopped
- Peel vertical strips of zucchini using a peeler, or slice thinly with a knife.
- Blanch the strips for 30 seconds in boiling water then dunk into a bowl of cold water.
- Place the tofu, tomatoes, olives, chives and lemon juice into a food processor and blend until smooth. Lightly fry in a saucepan and season with salt and pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Lay a strip of zucchini flat and spread a teaspoon of paste on top. Roll up gently and stand upright. use thin strips of sun dried tomatoes for a wick.